Thread: leupold vx-r 3x9x40 patrol observations

DennisH87

leupold vx-r 3x9x40 patrol observations

I bought this scope a few days ago and like it. The optics are very clear and clicks are positive and audible. One thing about the turrets, when you reset them to zero, put two pieces of folded paper under each side of the turret when you screw it tight otherwise it can get off center and bind. The illuminated rericle works well and has 8 different settings. Each push of the button will increase the brightness until you reach the Max then it will reduce brightness till it reaches the minimum. If you hold the button for 3 seconds it will go back in the opposite direction. If you hold the button for 5 seconds it will shut the illumination off. I think the best feature of this scope is the mil/mil adjustment. Aim at the target fire. Keep cross hairs on poa and measure how many mils your off and put that many mils of adjustment on the scope and wham, right on target. Only took 3 shots to zero my rifle. The scope is on an AR-15 I built with TPS extra high 30mm rings. If you were wondering the center of the TMR reticle is closed not open like the m-tmr. The scope comes with nothing but some paper work and the scope. Kinda dissapointed it didn't come with extra turrets or at least lens covers and a lens cloth. The turrets look like m3 turrets from what I can tell. I am very satisfied with this aspect if the scope. With a 100 yard zero I have 15.4 Mils of elevation left. That's enough to get me out to 1100 yards. Load is 5.56 55 gr. Vmax 23.5gr. Benchmark powder with a MV of 3000 fps. I hope this helps anyone looking to buy one of these scopes. When I was looking for information on these scopes I couldn't find much to go on and was left with alot of questions. If you want to know anything about this particular model ask and I'll do my best to explain.

Basic Member

Re: leupold vx-r 3x9x40 patrol observations

what is the ballpark price?
    Eye relief?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

DennisH87

Re: leupold vx-r 3x9x40 patrol observations

Eye relief is pretty generous. I believe its 4". Perfect for an ar. The eye price is flush with the charging handle and its mounted with TPS 30 mm rings. The price was $599 on midwayusa.com.