Thread: F/TR Stock for Model 12 RBRP 308

Basic Member

F/TR Stock for Model 12 RBRP 308

Good Morning,

I'm in the process of putting together a F/TR rig on a model 12 RBRP action. I've already ordered a 308 30" 10 twist barrel from Jim Briggs, and am now looking for a stock. I'd rather pay a little more up front, and have what I want instead of cutting corners. Any suggestions?

Ken

JCalhoun
    What is your budget?

Do you want fiberglass or laminated wood?

Bear in mind that FTR has a weight limit and stock width limit.

Basic Member
    I don't really care about the stock material, but I have to go as light weight as possible. I just pulled a H-S Precision stock off of my LRPV and installed my set up on it. With the Nightforce BR scope and Sinclair bipod, it weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Considering that the H-S Precision stock is very light, I'll need a similar weighted true F/TR stock to replace it if I can find one.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaware_Ken View Post
    I don't really care about the stock material, but I have to go as light weight as possible. I just pulled a H-S Precision stock off of my LRPV and installed my set up on it. With the Nightforce BR scope and Sinclair bipod, it weighs in at 17.5 lbs. Considering that the H-S Precision stock is very light, I'll need a similar weighted true F/TR stock to replace it if I can find one.
    I have an HS-Precision with the DBM if you are looking for such an aniimal...
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

Basic Member
    Thanks for the offer. I'm heading to the range today to see how it shoots with my LRPV stock. If I need to go to plan "B", I'll get back with you.

Ken