Bought a FCP-K in .308 that just wouldn't group, out of a 5 shot group 2 overlapping each other, the others, off with the fairies, I could see it wanted to shoot & checked all the usual solutions, stock torqued to 45" lbs correctly, all screws, mounts etc rechecked, different brands of ammo used & after having the action in & out too many times I could see the problem, the front of the action was not touching the bedding block, so I looked into this, I tried spacers under the front of the action & other stuff WAY out there in left field, nothing worked! in a frustrated fit I took off the bottom metal for the DBM & then ALL was revealed, the front tang that allows the front action screw to draw the action down onto the bedding was miscast(bent), the unit was bending enough & not letting the action bed at all, witness marks showed the high points & these were machined (filed) down until the unit stopped rocking in the stock, torqued down( I was an expert at this now!) using the front block thingy as well, now this sucker out shoots my Savage target action .223 F-class rifle which I'm winning club shoots with! (got a 119 out of 120 at 700 mtr. with target action last week) So give the bottom metal a look at if your Savage is shooting no better than a tomato stake it sure fixed mine. ;D