So after practicing shooting mostly 300-400yds at the range the last month solid with my 6x45 Savage build for today Antelope opener the day finally came.
I was tossing up either the 95 Nosler Hunting BT or the Sierra 85 GKHP. Both shoot almost the same at 300&400 yds.
I loaded the 95gr shells in.
I am on WY School Trust Land and sure was glad I got there at 5am, (Until today I have never seen anyone out here ever.
I ran into 8 others and heard 6 more shots on the other side of this area).
I waited till dark 6am, hiked about 600 yards to my spot that I have been scoping a nice 13" buck with his group....well I snooze and wake to a shot about 6:30 am about 1/2 mile away.
Its time as sun is rising nicley.
I move to another hilltop and see a buck looking at me from about 500 yards off, its about 6:40 am.
Im bummed its not the BIG guy and his harem...but say Jim you better take what get and be happy.
I am in my APC kill suit with my florecent hat and flag on my back standing up, I get prone mighty fast, he trots right toward me...500/400/300/200/100 yds stopping every few seconds to look at me...course I blend in pretty well with that gillie on & wonder if my florecent hat is to glowing.
Im scoping him as he comes thinking heck its going to be 20 feet from me and I will miss since I practiced only at 300-400 all that time....hahahah
He stops nicely for me & broadside at maybe 100 yds of all things. I put it on his shoulder & shoot.......THHWWAAP!
It spins around and on a dead run goes 50' over the small crest and I see it waver & stumble and its gone. Its 6:44 am
& I say to myself, Man that was a solid sounding hit.
Its down Im sure. I walk down the hill and up to the crest and looking at it I almost miss it...blends in perfectly but there is a red blood trail about 10' long where it skidded.
Home at 9am, butchered & in the freezer by noon!
Th 95g Nosler HBT went through it completely taking out the top 1/4 of the heart & knocking out the left shoulder, entry hole was so small I only found it after I skinned it.
Shoulder bones & parts on the bbq for the dog to enjoy also.
[img width=600 height=450]http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn400/5spd1/1stAntelope003.jpg[/img]