Thread: magazine falls out

kennyb

magazine falls out

First time poster, long time Savage shooter. After my son-in-law shot a couple of my rifles he decides he wants a Savage .270 to deer hunt with so me and his wife go down to Bass Pro and wait and wait some more for someone to finally wait on us. I asked to see a .270 magazine fed .270 so I look at it and don't notice the trigger isn't an accu-trigger because of the gun lock they keep all their guns, my bad there. Oh no returns on guns for any reason. Anyhow we get the gun home and he's got his rifle, takes the trigger lock off and no accu-trigger, but he says hey, no big deal. So he goes out to sight it in, I'm not with him but he tells me everytime he fires the rifle the magazine falls out. Now I really feel bad. Does this happen a lot with this model? Any easy fixes? I hate to send it back to the factory and hope it gets back before deer season. Sorry about the little rant on Bass Pro but hey maybe this will help someone else not have this issue. Buyer beware.

Basic Member

Re: magazine falls out

We need more info to help. Depending on the age, it makes a difference what might be wrong. Most likely it can be easily fixed by you or son-in-law.

Does it have a button on the side of the stock to release magazine? Is it stagger feed or center feed? I'm guessing stagger feed, and maybe side button.

kennyb

Button slide, center feed, brand new rifle. I had him bring the rifle over tonight and both the allen screw holding the button slide and action screws were lose, I snugged them down and heading to the range monday to see if we corrected the problem.

You most likely found the problem.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67