Thread: Axis/Edge accuracy vs. 10/110 series

Sundo

Axis/Edge accuracy vs. 10/110 series

Has anybody done a head-to-head accuracy comparison between an Axis/Edge and the compare 10/110 series rifle?

I remember reading a gun magazine article comparison a 10/110 with an Accustock to the same rifle with the non-Accustock. It found the Accustock decreased 100 yd group sizes by about 0.5 inch.

I'm wondering how much accuracy I can expect to lose by going from a 10/110 to a similar Axis/Edge. From everything I've read so far, the Axis/Edge is quite accurate. I'm just wondering how it compares to an Accustock 10/110.

Re: Axis/Edge accuracy vs. 10/110 series

Such a comparative review would be pointless, just like the AccuStock v. non-Accustock one was. Why? Because each gun/barrel has it's own personality and preferences. The only way to conduct such a test and have it be legit would be to take a mass sampling of each and average the results. In other words, send me 50 Axis rifles and 50 Model 10's in .223 Rem along with 20,000 rounds of factory ammo and I'll answer your question for you. ;D
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Sundo

Quote Originally Posted by MrFurious
    Such a comparative review would be pointless, just like the AccuStock v. non-Accustock one was. Why? Because each gun/barrel has it's own personality and preferences. The only way to conduct such a test and have it be legit would be to take a mass sampling of each and average the results. In other words, send me 50 Axis rifles and 50 Model 10's in .223 Rem along with 20,000 rounds of factory ammo and I'll answer your question for you. ;D
    Actually, American Rifleman did do a pretty "apples-to-apples" comparison between an Accustock rifle and a non-Accustock rifle:

http://www.americanrifleman.org/Webc...eaccustock.pdf

They used the same barreled action and shot for groups with the Accustock that came with the rifle and with a standard synthetic Savage stock. All groups with Accustock were equal to or better than the standard stock, with an average improvement of 0.5 inches at 100 yds. I thought that was a respectable improvement.

Sundo

So, I just got through reading a few threads explaining the original Accustock had inconsistent accuracy when the stock was removed then re-attached, along with a patent issue.

With the deletions of the accuracy wedge/screw, how comparable is the Accustock to conventional glass bedding? Is there any benefit to bedding an Accustock?

Murphy

I have a Stevens 200 in 300 Win. Mag that can shoot a .65" 5 shot group at 100yds with 110g Sierras and plain old Stevens stock. If I put an Accu stock on it is there likely to be an improvement? This is my first Savage rifle, but I have a Weather Warrior ordered in caliber 7mm/08. Accuracy wise it will need to be pretty good to outdo the Stevens but it will interesting to see how they compare. Regards Murphy.