Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 93r17 misfire

j3rd

Re: 93r17 misfire

Hi, everybody. I'm a new member from NW IL and I came to this site because I have a 93 .22WMR and It is having the same misfiring problems in this thread- it started off OK but as time goes on it misfires more and more no matter what ammo I use. Otherwise it's a great rifle, last time at the range my best group at 200 yds. was 7/8". I'll try cleaning and lubing the bolt and see if that helps.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j3rd
    Hi, everybody. I'm a new member from NW IL and I came to this site because I have a 93 .22WMR and It is having the same misfiring problems in this thread- it started off OK but as time goes on it misfires more and more no matter what ammo I use. Otherwise it's a great rifle, last time at the range my best group at 200 yds. was 7/8". I'll try cleaning and lubing the bolt and see if that helps.
    200 yds , 7/8" ? i wouldnt let anyone touch the rifle and deal with the misfiring thing on my own. seriously though, thats phenomenal accuracy! to me atleast....

sounds like most of the problems seen on the rimfires are with the firing pins. be careful with what you lube the bolt. a lot of people won't lube the bolt/firing pins with anything, just keep it clean.
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

j3rd

7/8" is pretty good? This is my first bolt action rifle and first time shooting at 200 yards. Hope it wasn't beginner's luck. I decided to send it back to Savage and have them fix it, I'm not that mechanically inclined.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by j3rd
    7/8" is pretty good? This is my first bolt action rifle and first time shooting at 200 yards. Hope it wasn't beginner's luck. I decided to send it back to Savage and have them fix it, I'm not that mechanically inclined.
    take this with a grain of salt, because everyones expectations of accuracy and what is "good" or "great" is open to interpretation.

1" at 100yds is considered MOA[minute of angle] accuracy, which I considered to be acceptable/good. If you were shooting 1/2" @100yds, I consider that good/real good. Anything less than .5 MOA is awesome in my book. I would consider that for all centerfire rifles.

Now most people have a lower level of what acceptable/good/real good accuracy is for rimfires. [largely depending on the caliber] for example my .22lr [semi-auto, skinny barrel, plastic stock], I would be happy with 1" [maybe just a little less than that] at 50yds. now my .17hmr, I get 1" @ 100yds, I'm happy with that, but would hope for less than that on a good day.

I dont have a .22wmr but I would expect roughly the same accuracy as the 17hmr. So to be at 7/8" @200yds, is less than .5MOA. Awesome in my book, especially for a rimfire.
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12