Thread: Need a spotting scope

Team Savage

Need a spotting scope

What is a reasonably cheap small spotting scope that I can see 223 hits at 100 yards ??

How about 200 yards ??

Re: Need a spotting scope

Go to Harbor Fright nice scope one i have has clear glass is 20,40, 60 power here is info http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...=spoting+scope and if you watch out you can find a 20 % discount coupon to use i have some from guns and ammo and Harbor Fright mailers.

simmons has one on sale now too,
    wow, HF has spotting scope and it has good review too, try it out and update us. you order online and return to store if quality if bad.

Vortex 20x60x60 is good scope for about 200$ few of the guys use at at the service rifle shoots.
    newbie from gr, mi.

roadkill46

i just picked up a BSA 20-40-60 from my LGS with a tripod for $60. since it will only be used for zeroing and the occasional times i paper punch i thought it was a good deal, pretty clear and i can see .223 at 200 yards if i squint a little since i zero at MPBR i have some funky zero ranges like 216, 221, 205 yards, etc. if i would have had time to wait i would have bought it online for a lot cheaper than the $60 but i needed it now. i HATE paying full retail plus tax even though it does my local economy good. plus we only have one gun store and they can basically monopolize any price they want on anything, think $75 transfer fee or 25% of bought price whichever is higher for a gun ordered online! neighbor 3 doors down, $10 any gun. i know that was off topic but you can find a good one used or new cheap on amazon, ebay, EE, etc. good luck.

airaddict

Check natchez shooter supply. I got a nice bushnell refurb 12-35x50mm for about $60 a while back. I think they always have pretty good deals. I can easily see 223 holes at 100 but at 200 i have to squint to see them but i can see them. It came w a nice hard case as well as soft case and compact tripod and camo sleeve that wraps around it that u hand can fit in.

My old man has a barska 20-60 power and it works good but at above 40 power the image suffers a bit.

Brian

JCalhoun

Several of the fellas at our club have been using Konus spotters. Pretty good out to 300y.

Basic Member

.223 bullet holes @ 100 yds? You don't need a spotting scope, you need a decent rifle scope.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Team Savage

Its for a AR15 with iron sights.

Basic Member

I'd still get a rifle scope. Mount it on a base with a tripod stud. Then....when you get that next rifle you'll be ahead of the game. Dual purpose.....Always think ahead. ;D
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

250Keith

+1 for the Konus, Alot of SR shooters use this scope for XTC.

Team Savage

Actually I thought about doing this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter
    I'd still get a rifle scope. Mount it on a base with a tripod stud. Then....when you get that next rifle you'll be ahead of the game. Dual purpose.....Always think ahead. ;D