Thread: old Savage 110

va243hntr

old Savage 110

The first rifle I ever bought was a Savage 110 package deal in 270 Win when I turned 18 that was 20 years ago this year . This rifle has always been a shooter and now with a stock change, trigger job , and a different scope ( all done by me ). I take Jenny as I have named her out this morning along with my dad for out hunt before Thanksgiving and she does her job once more . I had no sooner than got to where I was going and a 8 pointer comes walking by me one shot and one more deer down . Jenny has yet to loose one every deer she has barked at has fell and 99.9% has fell where they stood , I love this girl and her sister Lisa a model 10 fxp in 243 . Does Savage make a rifle that does not impress ?

Re: old Savage 110

Quote Originally Posted by va243hntr
    Does Savage make a rifle that does not impress ?
    If they do I have not found one, but I have heard stories. I assume that the stories are just propaganda brought on by ani-Savage Remchester owners who want to smear the Savage reputation in an attempt to justify their purchases of the inferior Remchesters they currently own. ;D

Seriously, all of mine shoot great and most people have come to expect great out of the box accuracy from Savage. Once in awhile every company will have a defect slip through and it seems to be the general opinion around this site that Savage has good customer service and will take care of you if you should find one of those rare defects.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.