Hi Guys,

Greets from Las Vegas, NV. I just found this forum and am looking forward to being part of the SavageShooters community.

I have a Savage BA110 .338 Lapua Magnum. I bought it new from Sniper's Country PX in April. I shoot only factory loads.
I know....$$$$. Going to start reloading real soon.

Anyway, after approx. 250-300 rounds, the problem with my bolt started. I'm shooting Hornady 250gr. BTHP.
The bolt was very hard to work to extract the spent cartridges. This continued for the rest of the box.
Fast Forward...

I then wound up sending the rifle back to Savage to be inspected. This is what they did.
The Front Baffle Assembly on the bolt was replaced.
The Rear Baffle Assembly on the bolt was replaced.
Polished the chamber.
They test fired 5 rounds, said it was good to go and shipped it back to me.

I took my .338 out to the range today. After a couple of mags, the problem was back. Very hard to extract the spent
cartridges...Again! >

I contacted Savage. After a few phone calls the rep said they were sending out an extractor, spring and pin or ball bearing
(please excuse my ignorance). They said to replace it on the bolt and see what happens.

So my question (finally) is:
Has anyone else with this model had similar problems? Is this something that is minor/major?
What could be causing this? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Again, looking forward to being a productive part of this forum.

Best.

mdslammer