As some of you may guess I am new to Savage Rifles, anyway I just bought a lightly used (safe queen), Savage 114 Euro Classic in 30-06 with a Burris Fullfield II scope, I have spent a few hours online trying to find information on this model, which seems to have been produced from about 2006-2010, but has now been discontinued, in my research it seems Savage introduced a number of design changes in these years, but there is little information on the individual features or when they were introduced. I am guessing that the 114 Euro Classic I bought is an earlier production model as it does have the Accutrigger, but has the older style side bolt release, not the newer front of trigger guard bolt release, serial number is G4990xx.

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can find spare magazine (style or part number would help as there seem to be different versions and none I have found are marked for 30-06)?

Does anyone know anything about maintaining the oil finish that Savage used on these guns, is it a true oil finish or some modern coating?

Anything else you can tell me about it, any concerns about the old style vs. new style bolt that I have read references to?

thanks