Thread: Beaver blast

Giturgun

Beaver blast

Well got beavers again.
    Cutting down poplar 18inches across the base , about 1 every 3 days.
    had to take 1/2 day Monday to cut a tree across my driveway. Now I am going out at 5;00 am to check for downed trees so I can cut them up and not have to eat my vacation on the beaver problem. Just waiting for1 to stick his head up while it is daylight enough to see. I got to get rid of these pests.Yesterday evening after work I helped a neighbor pull a tree half cut that was going to fall on the power line to my house.
    Guess the 221 F ball will get christened soon

dcloco

Re: Beaver blast

This is the one time when having too much beaver around is the wrong kind. :)

Basic Member

now might be a good time to order in some tannerite ;D
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Basic Member

Shotgun with flashlight taped to the barrel!!

You are going to get pretty bald (tree wise) before you luck out on getting a daylight shot!!

IF they are unfettered ......... an hour after dark may well be all it takes!

Best of luck

Three 44s

How much are beaver pelts bringing these days

irondog54

Not really enough. >

Basic Member

Nuke em from orbit, it's the only way to be sure
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by irondog54
    Not really enough. >
    Dont say where shooter is located. Hide now might get $10..hides hardly prime anywhere in the country.

roadkill46

prime, perfectly round beaver pelts were only getting 10-15 max at the final fur auction this past spring. not enough money to even skin them considering all the work, mess and smell (insert joke here) that comes with skinning and cleaning them. i have 2 on my wall that are basically perfect and that is all i need. they will decimate your trees if you don't trap or shoot them pretty quick. trapping works well but most you have to put underwater and i was never really comfortable about putting my trap and hands in a beaver infested pool, man they got some sharp teeth, never seen one aggressive though, just a lot of tail slapping.

.22 subsonic behind the ear will do the job, unfortunately they do not let us shoot suppressed here in AZ otherwise i would have my pick from .308 on down and the neighbors wouldn't hear a thing. Good luck with your control. you could call your fish and game and get a nuisance license and then you could take them day or night with whatever.

bubbinator

+1 on the Game & Fish enforce permit option. We had a beaver problem in my state and with G&F blessing were able to shoot them at night w/ a 22 centerfire rifle. Ended our problem in a week. Blowing the dam really helped, it brought them all out to fix it and it was a carnage after the water started falling just at dusk!