Thread: Lee Dies

Lee Dies

I was looking at a Midway USA flyer and noticed the Lee dies selling for $42/set! That's insane, more expensive than RCBS.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Re: Lee Dies

They got the numbers right, they just inverted them ;D
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

gotcha

Which cartridge did you want to reload?............ I think I could save you about $5.00/ set 8)

Quote Originally Posted by gotcha
    Which cartridge did you want to reload?............ I think I could save you about $5.00/ set 8)
    Not looking for any in particular, I was just browsing the catalog when I saw them listed for $42.

cooker900

i just picked a set up for 25.00

Basic Member

Google Graffs and Sons. Good prices. Cheap shipping. Need a few things today, looked on line Midway was showing back order, checked Graffs and they had everything I needed in stock. Stopped by their store and walked ot with a whole box of goodies. ;D

Ramdiesel

Midway had a price increase on allot of stuff new years night their site was down for hours. I had about 17 items in my cart it went up almost $20 after the increase. I use Midsouth when I can. Most of their prices are lower shipping is cheaper to boot. They don't seem to keep a good inventory. I’m going to start shopping around more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramdiesel
    Midway had a price increase on allot of stuff new years night their site was down for hours. I had about 17 items in my cart it went up almost $20 after the increase. I use Midsouth when I can. Most of their prices are lower shipping is cheaper to boot. They don't seem to keep a good inventory. I’m going to start shopping around more.
    I use Midsouth quite a bit too and the shipping is fast. When Midsouth is out of something, I use Graf's as a backup. If I lived close to Graf's , I'd be in constant trouble with the "minister of finance" also known as "the one who must be obeyed".

Basic Member

Heard that. Went to get a forester micro seating die, $65,,,,,,,,,,,, ended up spending nearly $300. My bad. ron

Quote Originally Posted by slurpin dog
    Heard that. Went to get a forester micro seating die, $65,,,,,,,,,,,, ended up spending nearly $300. My bad. ron
    This is why we work overtime. :)

Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut
    Quote Originally Posted by slurpin dog
    This is why we work overtime. :)
    Can't do that any more, I'm retired! :D

ellobo

I feel your pain GaCop.

El Lobo

You all need to get C&R licenses. Then you'll be sending all you money to Midway and Grafs.

They both have great dealer prices. You'll save the cost of the license on every order.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Now there's a thought.........I filled out and downloaded the form from the ATF web site. How long before you heard anything from them?

They cashed the check very quickly, but is was just over a month to get the actual license.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Quote Originally Posted by geargrinder
    They cashed the check very quickly, but is was just over a month to get the actual license.
    OK, thanks. I mailed the form this morning, payed with credit card.

GaCop, betcha never thought that Midway flyer would end up making you get an FFL(C/R) license!!?!!

You never know where these threads will end up!

Please let us know how it works out for ya!

Do you need a store front to get a C & R license in your area, i know that i can get a FFL with no problems BUT the city of Philadelphia will not let me have a 'Coffee table FFL lic." with out a store front and i just don't have the money.

C&R's are for collectors only. That means you cannot do it as a business, individuals only.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel-nut
    GaCop, betcha never thought that Midway flyer would end up making you get an FFL(C/R) license!!?!!

You never know where these threads will end up!

Please let us know how it works out for ya!
    If I can get reloading components at dealer cost, saving money, why not! I did collect military weapons up until 2008 when I got the bug to shoot long range and had to give something up in order to do that. I never had a C&R then because my friend had a gunshop and I shipped everything to his FFL.

C&R's are for collectors only. That means you cannot do it as a business, individuals only.
    +1 collecting only.

CR lets you buy and sell pre serial number guns and ship to and from your home address. you still have to keep inventory records and be up for a BATF inspection. Used to be everything had to be for sale on paper, but you could inflate the price all you wanted! Not sure how it is now. You also get discounts at many gun related suppliers.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Anything that is 50 years old or older is fair game. Also, anything that is considered a C&R by the BATFE. They publish a book.

Just so you know, Remington 700's started being produced in 1962. There's also the pre-67 Savage 110's that are floating around. The 700's are easy to date, but the Savages are a little tougher. They are both eligible.

C&R collections do not have to be for sale. They are for collection purposes only. Buying and selling is only for the purpose of improving your collection.

Once, you start collecting for a profit, you need to bump up to a dealers license and are subject to all of the other regulations.

Anything that is 50 years old or older is fair game. Also, anything that is considered a C&R by the BATFE. They publish a book.

Just so you know, Remington 700's started being produced in 1962. There's also the pre-67 Savage 110's that are floating around. The 700's are easy to date, but the Savages are a little tougher. They are both eligible.

C&R collections do not have to be for sale. They are for collection purposes only. Buying and selling is only for the purpose of improving your collection.

Once, you start collecting for a profit, you need to bump up to a dealers license and are subject to all of the other regulations.

Right you are!