Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 30 or 40 MOA base for savage Long Action??

OrRedbeard

Re: 30 or 40 MOA base for savage Long Action??

$125 + $5-6 for shipping good guys to deal with had it built and to me in alittle over a week. http://www.murphyprecision.com/Products/Item/1006

Don - LongRangeSupply

Just shim your 20 MOA base. Use soda can aluminum or buy some shims from Midway or Sinclair.

Shim between the rear of the base and the action until you get the ideal 100 yard zero with your elevation knob turned down to where you want it, glass bed it front and rear. Voila, custom slope.

Do NOT shim inside the rings.

Ring31

Quote Originally Posted by jrmy_1
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyg
    J,

The Ken Farrell is the only one that I found, and I looked quite a bit. I think you could also have a custom one made, but I doubt it would be any cheaper.....if you come up with something else, let me know!
    EGW told me they would do a custom base for an additional $20 on base price. Not too bad. That would bring the price to $59.99 for their standard base and $89.99 for their HD base (heavy duty). They said it would take a few weeks to customize, so I just bought a 20moa base as that will take me out to 1200+yd. I can buy something else down the road.
    good to know.... ive been getting into 1 mile shooting, and just picked up a vortex razor...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.