caveat: albeit i offer some specific details about the weapon i want to build this is not to say i am dead set. i am receptive to logical arguments about changes to the crudely proposed plan below. if for some reason it is not apparent, just about all the details of this endevour are green to me. the few exceptions being the fabrication involved; although i may have never done it i am comfortable with most tools and have watched several videos to help familiarize myself with potential projects; i.e. bedding action, possible modifying stock for dbm or floating barrel. i also do not need anyone wasting their time reiterating any opinions they have offered before, if you can find me a link, please provide it, as i will read it. after i am finished with the literature, if for some reason i still have questions i will ask them in the appropriate forum.

first and foremost i am looking to make a great shooting weapon that i feel confident in shooting out to beyond 400 yards at some point. this rifle will predominantly be used to harvest deer but i enjoy trying to improve my marksmanship and will spend the time necessary to understand the ballistics of a .270 win better than most; relative to the entire hunting community not this elite group. i will likely shoot a hornady superformance 130 grain bullet for deer when longer shots may be present but with budget in mind i will likely use some less expensive ammo for more typical sub 200yard shots. i may hand load later down the road if this hobby takes off like others i have created time for.

i will accept the compromise of added weight from barrel length and size to be able to shot out to the ranges that test a rifleman skills. at this point i was thinking a 26" barrel in the common 10 and 1 rifling. i would consider using this round to shoot just about anything else friends may want a buddy to go along for a trip on; i.e. varmints. anyone recommend a good barrel for 350 or less that can meet my criteria? if one is much better than other options i can likely increase the budget for a barrel.

i will buy an aftermarket trigger. seem to have read some good things about the sav-2 for about 130 dollars. can anyone endorse any other less expensive options that can still improve the potential accuracy better? in the 100 range.

i am not to concerned about the stock, if i can not sell mine i will consider altering it or worse case i have seen a couple that i would not mind purchasing; budget here is maximum of around 200. the overall budget may be able to tap into the potential money from selling the stock barrel and stock. seems like people can get about 75 dollars for these components.

my overall goal for cost of rifle sans optics is 800 like many other build threads i have read. i can accept a little more but would like to if at all possible adhere to the best bang for my buck policy. again, i am willing to compromise my budget if it can be justified.

i will look back at my notes from last nights research about witch rings and rails to run. i do not understand this 20 moa rail i have read. i understand what moa means but am having a difficult trying to see how that does relate to the site rail. any budget conscious solutions you would recommend for rail and rings?
this was taken from another thread"The EGW base and Burris rings are a great budget buy" i will look into these.

i will spend more time thinking over the wealth of information i have feasted my eyes on in the last couple days. any advice is welcome and thank you for your time.