Thread: LRP questions.

dhull

LRP questions.

Hi new here to the forum, im in iraq right now and am about to purchase one of these in .260 along with an XLR chassis. I had a couple questions i was hoping i could get answered. First off, is the bolt spacing 4.41 or 4.25? Also whats a good 20 moa base that i can run that will work with the target action, but will also accommodate the XLR chassis (not be too long). Im looking forward to getting home and getting behind this rifle, ive read alot of good things about it. ONe last question. Is anyone running the HSM 130 gr VLD's through their .260? if so how do you like them? thanks alot guys, and gals, have a great one.

Re: LRP questions.

Hi welcome and thanks for your service.
    As far as I can see the action is 4.40 as per NSS actions for sale.
    EGW makes a very good base for Savage actions but I would check with the folks who make the XLR chassis to see if they make a proprietary base.
    In my 260 I run with the 140 smk's and it is a quarter inch gun all day at 200.I built it on a model 10 action with a Shilen 26" chrome moly varmint barrel set in a Boyd's thumbhole stock.
    If it were me I would start ordering parts and build it just for the satisfaction of being able to say I built it.BUT BE CAREFUL IT BECOMES ADDICTING.
    Everyone here will be willing to help you through the project and all advice will be solid & free,if you join for $12 a year the articles and access to the parts for sale will pay you back usually on your first build.
    Good luck with which ever way you go and STAY SAFE.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow