Thread: hello to all, new guy has some ??

pugsnotdrugs

hello to all, new guy has some ??

new to the forum but i have been lurking in the shadows for several months, i recently purchased a used savage 110 for a donor action. i seem to have ran into a problem too many calibers not enough time (: i have narrowed them down to two 6.5x55 swede or 300 H&H. i know there are better cartridges out there but i have always been a little different, so the major problem is that i really want a 300 H&H but to my dismay the internal magazine on the savage 110 is to short for the H&H or so i have been told. is there a way to lengthen it or am i just out of luck here are the oal and case length for the 300 H&H Case length 2.850 in (72.4 mm) Overall length 3.600 in (91.4 mm). i know the 6.5X55 would work with no problem other than changing out the bolt head and slappin a barrel on it.

Basic Member

Re: hello to all, new guy has some ??

The longer magazines for the H&H and Rum's are now obsolete. Stick to plan B, I guess.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

MT4065

I understand your obsession with the 300 HH. Ive got a couple now and bought 2 375 FSS Savages when I heard they were stopping production a few years ago with the thought of re barrel job one one of them to 300. 300 HH rounds (dummys) feed slick as hell out of the 375 mag. Have a buddy who lost all sense of reason when the 300 WSM came along till we went to thr range an chronoed some loads. Now he perfers to talk about truck tires.

Could make a single shot with the H&H.

scooters45

I'm a Swede Fan. I can say this that after shooting at least 10 or 12 of them I've found there is not a bad one in the bunch!! In the M96's I use the Hornady 160 round nose as they seem to have a long throat.
    They shoot really well!!. I've shot 140's in a CZ and a Tikka with great results.
    When I finish my .243 Win a 6.5 Swede is next on the list.

Ted

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.