Thread: Tactical Medalist Stock

roadkill46

Tactical Medalist Stock

Just got my B&C Tactical Medalist Stock in tan with black webbing for my 10FP-SR .308. The barrel passes the paper test, same with trigger and safety, basically a perfect drop in, except............should the tang be floated in that stock also? If so, it will only fit a piece of paper about 1/8 of an inch and then it stops. should i break out the dremel and float it or leave it like it is....considering the rifle has not even been shot yet! Thanks in advance for any help.

I read the post below this on the duramxx stock and the trigger contact point on the medalist but mine has neither of those issues and the barrel is centered perfectly. just that dang tang bothers me for no reason except being anal prior to shooting it in.

dcloco

Re: Tactical Medalist Stock

Clearance the area and bed the action to the stock for best results.

If not bedding...kind of a toss up. Stock will bind your action/lug when you tighten the action screws.

roadkill46

nope, no binding, tightened with a torque to their specifications, barrel centered and free floated, action cycles rounds, and trigger works fine, nothing binds at all. i was questioning whether i should mess with floating the tang before zeroing it for accuracy purposes. weapon functions great, little heavy, but it was heavy with the tupperware stock and the S&B short dot aint no lightweight scope either! I suppose i'll go shoot it and see what happens before i go sanding on a new stock.

I'd see how it shoots before going to town sanding.

roadkill46

me too. thanx

Basic Member

You might want to take dclocos advise to be sure.
    Larry E Kauffman Sr

roadkill46

i would take his good advice if it bound up when the action screws were tightened but they are torqued to spec without any issues at all with trigger, safety or the barrel moving to the left or right in the channel. looks like this was a Monday stock, because i could not find a single thing wrong with it, took a level to the inside and everything was good, slipped right in, blind mag had no isssues going in, loads and ejects rounds like it should. waiting a couple weeks until it cools down, it is still in the 100's here in the height of the day, then i'll go zero. LGS mounted and boresited for me as i did not have a .30 auger for mine, free so WTH. shooting 150 grain Federal fusion out of it exclusively, since i have an abunadance of it and a buttload of milsurp for a G3 and a PTR so practice ammo and hunting ammo i'm pretty good on. we will see.