Thread: Fur prices?

swifty

Fur prices?

I was wondering if anyone had a good link to a page that has fur price projections. I've googled it before, but haven't been impressed with my results.

Where do you all look?

Thanks,

Swifty

Uncle Jack

Re: Fur prices?

roadkill46

yep there or actually google the auction itself. Globe arizona fur auction is one of the biggest and where i take all of mine.

Basic Member

Keep in mind any prices quoted are speaking of PRIME hides. Will not be prime here for another month. AZ probably not till after Christmas.

osmosis

There's a hardware shop near me that will trade a pair of leather work gloves for a yote hide.
    I leave them where they fall though.

roadkill46

of course prime, who would put a non prime pelt up unless it was the very last of the season prior to going into the shedding mode. i shoot them for fun Oct to first part of Dec, but i am way down SW AZ and dogs only get about 15-20 pounds, but in jan and feb they fur up pretty good, same with cats and fox. if i go up north they get progressively bigger with much nicer fur of course due to the weather, my best is a 6' from nose to tip of tail, out east that is common due to weather and cross breeding with wolves. have not even started yet although my scouting has produced more sign this year than last and i did good last year. 2 more weeks and then the 'practice' begins on pups and the sick, lame and lazy. i have several wide, spacious areas down here that are just hunted by me, at least as far as i know, i've only run into one other pred hunter with his son and they were 'doing it all wrong' so i said hi and parted ways.
    i don't get coyote fever, kinda like buck fever, prior to the shot, it is always after the shot and f/u shot if needed, then when the animal is on the ground i get the adrenaline dump! after killing one i stay put for about 15 more minutes with ki yi's and hurt pup then if nothing comes in i hit preset 4 which is "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" by Disturbed, kinda like my victory song..........gives me a warm fuzzy!

Remington928

You mean Drowning Pools Let the Bodies hit the floor.

bubbinator

Check out Predator Extreme magazine. They routinely have articles on fur prices, How skin/preserve pelts & lots more on their web sites, and a ton of information on all aspects of varmint hunting.

A_Gamehog

http://www.hideandfur.com/

Moscow Idaho hide and fur. 40+ years ago it was Goldberg fir in Alaska and Moscow hide and fur in Idaho as the only buyers on the Pacific NW to buy and sell raw furs.

roadkill46

Quote Originally Posted by Remington928
    You mean Drowning Pools Let the Bodies hit the floor.
    yeah my bad "Drowning Pool" duh. Oh well still my favorite Kill Song! i get predator extreme magazine online along with AR hunting magazine. both are free, just gotta sign up.

Basic Member

Predator Xtreme is a great mag. Good article about "speaking fox" this month.

After reading it I went to the top of the steps and started kissing.......my wife came up the steps and said..."what are you doing??"

I said ..."calling a fox, and it worked"................she didn't really think it was funny either.