Thread: Questions concerning future 111 models

ART10ML-II

Questions concerning future 111 models

I was wondering if any one has a ear for or had heard weather or not savage has any plans for any new future models of their new 111 Light Weight hunter. I would buy a stainless model in 300 WSM the instant I could find one.

I was all set to buy a Kimber Montana 84L in 300wsm, then savage came out with their new 111 and I have been holding off my purchase ever since in the hope the 111 might become available in stainless, and a laminated stainless model would might send my heart into fibrillation. I hunt no matter the conditions, and stainless in my gun material of choice.

Thanks for any info,
    Arthur.

Re: Questions concerning future 111 models

They used to make the 111 in a laminate stainless. The laminate was simlar in color to the greenish laminate Ruger put out on the 10/22 a number of years back. I had one in .270 Win.
    More shooting, less typing.

ART10ML-II

I might have erred in my original post. I am speaking of the new for 2011 model 111 Savage Light weight hunter in blued and wooden stocked model available at present only in short action calibers only like .308.

It was on the cover of and written about in "American Hunter" Mag.

Arthur.

JCalhoun

The 16/116 Weather Warrior series is (was) the stainless sporters. Mostly plastic stocks but some could be had in laminate. I guess Savage still offers them in WSM chamberings.

Another option would be to get the Model 11 you like the most and have it Duracoated. Cost should be similar to the premium you'll spend on stainless.

r29l20

He's asking about a (LIGHT WEIGHT HUNTER) in stainless.

JCalhoun

Model 11's don't come in stainless.

ART10ML-II

Thanks, but I already know the model 11 does not come in stainless. I am being a little impatient and just hoping that some one here has a inside ear to upcoming Savage models. I am looking for a light weight rifle for hunting in the mountains out west, one that weighs less than my other bolt actions, and I wish to buy American. Was set to buy a Kimber M84 Montana but the Savage looks like it would cost about $300-$400 less and that savings would pay about 1/2-2/3rds of my scope of choice.

Thanks,

Arthur.

ellobo

Get a Stevens 200 action from Jim Briggs at Northand Shooter Supply, a stainless barrel from a good maker, stock it with a good fibreglass stock or a laminate from Boyds (about $100 checkered for $50 extra) and you have your best option for a weather proof rifle. Call Jim and he will fill you in on a good way to go and keep cost down. AS they say in Yokahama, Rottsa Ruck.

El Lobo

JCalhoun

The Savage plastic stock has the lightest weight you will find short of custom carbon fiber shells.

If you really want something lightweight, get a Remington Titanium.