Thread: reloading presses, rcbs r-s or rc2 which is better

Basic Member

reloading presses, rcbs r-s or rc2 which is better

I have finally dug the stuff out of the shed& I am in the process of trying to set up the loading bench. I have an old rs I picked up many moons ago, I also have a rock chucker 2 I snagged cheap at a pawn shop. is one any better than the other?
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

Re: reloading presses, rcbs r-s or rc2 which is better

For normal loading, it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. The Rockchucker Supreme is a little beefier for case forming if you will be doing a lot of that.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Soonlobo

I agree with GaCop, it's a personal preference thing. I do like my RS a lot, have had but one mishap, and the RS handled the problem very well because it's so heavy.

Basic Member

Right now the majority of any case forming I will be doing will be making 300 wtf brass from 223 cases.
    Whenever the legislators endeavor to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people, who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience

I still use my 70's vintage rockchucker for most of my rifle loading. I do have some cartridges I load for that are too long to go in the frame of the press. For those I use an RCBS ammomaster press. I use my old Dillon press for most all of my pistol ammo loading.

If you're loading long cartridges, use the press with the greater frame clearance. If not, use whatever strikes your fancy.

If it was me, I'd mount both presses and use them both. You almost can't have too many presses...

;D
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke Slim
    I still use my 70's vintage rockchucker for most of my rifle loading. I do have some cartridges I load for that are too long to go in the frame of the press. For those I use an RCBS ammomaster press. I use my old Dillon press for most all of my pistol ammo loading.

If you're loading long cartridges, use the press with the greater frame clearance. If not, use whatever strikes your fancy.

If it was me, I'd mount both presses and use them both. You almost can't have too many presses...

;D
    My newly appropriated loading space is 24"deep by 48" wide, so I don't have space for all the goodies at the moment, the MEC& an old progressive shot shell reloader iirc a mult-o-matic (pacific?) are on the shelf above until I need them.

wapaloose

I still use my HollyWood press and it is way stronger than most all others.