Thread: Magazine option in a Stockade Elk Stalker

iowaboy

Magazine option in a Stockade Elk Stalker

Hey Guys,

I am putting a 116 center feed action it was originally a hinge box mag in the factory stock in a Stockade Elk Stalker stock. So my question is what can I do about the magazine. I'd like to keep it a repeater but the magazine that cam on the original stock is not part of the action its part of the stock. So how can I put a magazine on this action so it will go in the stockade stock?

If anyone is curious I put a 26" McGowen 7mm barrel on this 116 action yesterday. The barrel swap was so easy once I got the original nut loose! Man that sucker was tight. I bought the barrel blocks and wrench from SSS and they worked great! No scratches in the original barrel. Put on the new barrel on closed the bolt with a headspace gauge I got from Brownells, threaded in until it stopped and I could open and close the bolt. Tightened up barrel nut, check head space again with tape on the go-guage and couldn't close, took tape off and bolt worked easily. Easy as pie!

Man I can't wait to get this gun going!

Re: Magazine option in a Stockade Elk Stalker

You can pop the old mag out of the original stock. I've heard that all you need is a small screwdriver to help wiggle it out.

Is your elkstalker set up for a centerfeed magazine?
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Team Savage

Re: Magazine option in a Stockade Elk Stalker

Use just the magazine box and follower from the 116 center action hindged floorplate assembley. You can remove them pretty easily. Or, you can purchase a center feed magazine and follower from SSS and Savage. They will fit into the blind box on the Stockade Elk Stalker stock. I used some Velcro to position and hold the magazine and follower firmly in place. This also allowed me to do away with the L-clip. This worked for the center feed Stockade Hunter I got last year.