Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XLR Evolution Chassis

davemuzz

Re: XLR Evolution Chassis

;D ;D ;D Tech2Fly ....You Da Guy!!!....Thanks for the post and the info!!!!

Mudcat

I like these I wonder how much I can get for a kidney?

davemuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Mudcat
    I like these I wonder how much I can get for a kidney?
    I dunno....I think in today's market....It's a kidney...AND your non-shooting eye!!! :P

romulus

I want to order an XLR but I absolutely do not want to buy different rings. I have a certain optic setup for all my rifles that interchange so well. Anyone have to get taller components to clear the XLR?

Quote Originally Posted by romulus
    I want to order an XLR but I absolutely do not want to buy different rings. I have a certain optic setup for all my rifles that interchange so well. Anyone have to get taller components to clear the XLR?
    I had to change my base; the EGW 20MOA w / med.rings would'nt allow a 100 yd zero w/ the Viper pst 6-24x50. I went with the burris extreme bases and high rings. I swith the 20moa base over to another build.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

romulus

I'm not changing my unimount so I guess I will have to look for someone to cut a tall picatinny rail for me if it does not fit. Tall or Xtall rings would jack up the rest of my setups. do you guys notice the cheek rest or the stock flexing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by romulus
    I'm not changing my unimount so I guess I will have to look for someone to cut a tall picatinny rail for me if it does not fit. Tall or Xtall rings would jack up the rest of my setups. do you guys notice the cheek rest or the stock flexing at all?
    No flex at all it is solid with plenty of adjustment.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision

CL1KKL4C

I concur, the XLR setup is rock solid, I'm dissapointed I didn't order one sooner. I was also a bit apprehensive because of having to mount an optic over the handguard. I went with badger tall's at 1.125 and get about 1/4" of clearance. With the adjustability the stock offers you don't notice any difference. If you do get an XLR and need a base trimmed kyle with do that free of charge.

-Arthur

Aircraftmech76

Anyone running an XLR and one of the 35mm IOR scopes? I'm curious what height of ring is required to clear the FF tube.

Thanks,

Kevin

CL1KKL4C

What's the objective size?

Basic Member

Tech2Fly, how long was the wait on your stock? I've been playing with the idea of getting one, but just haven't made up my mind yet.

Andrew

Tch2fly

Mine took 8 weeks but I hear that it may be as long as 10-12 at this time. I'd suggest you call or email Kyle and ask www.xlrindustries.com

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tch2fly
    Mine took 8 weeks but I hear that it may be as long as 10-12 at this time. I'd suggest you call or email Kyle and ask www.xlrindustries.com
    Thanks. I figured about 8-10 weeks.

Andrew

Ring31

the XLR is nice, but you have to use high rings due to the AR stile front tube... i didnt like that... so i got the Mcree

That1guy

Does the GAP in between the grip and trigger get in the way or bother you in anyway ? They have a special right now, and I was extremely tempted to buy one for my LRP. (even though I'll probably get nailed by tax since I'm in Missouri also)

patd

That1guy,
    I may be wrong, but the newest mcree's come without that space between the trigger guard and grip. I have seen a few pics of the a new trigger guard design that takes up the gap.
    P.S. sorry about going off topic.

Ring31

Quote Originally Posted by patd
    That1guy,
    I may be wrong, but the newest mcree's come without that space between the trigger guard and grip. I have seen a few pics of the a new trigger guard design that takes up the gap.
    P.S. sorry about going off topic.
    the savage still has the gap, the rem dont..

nope.. no biggie.. i just removed the thin AR grip and added the bigger ergo...

i got the mags from him as well, the ceracoted them my self..

Jammer1

I have been looking at the XLR chassis system lately for my first Savage build. I just notice over on on Snipers Hide that XLR has just introduced an all carbon version of their chassis. Naturally the Remington 700 is the first available but they are saying that the short action Savage should be available in 3-4 months. It is about $200 higher that the aluminum version and looks TRICK!

Basic Member

I just saw the carbon chassis over at SH and it is super nice. Soon enough, soon enough

mike82352

Here is my XLR, Savage 12, .308 criterion barrel, SSS bolt, My own bolt handle and muzzle brake and I made the stock.
    Shoots .4 in. groups. I have the 35mm Vortex Razor scope. I have changed the rings to lower the scope, the ones in the picture was all I had at the time.
    I am planning on a camo paint job and ceracote for the barrel/action.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12