Thread: SSS single load ramp

Basic Member

SSS single load ramp

Thinking about getting one for my short and long action. How do these set in the action. Does the clip hold them up and keep them from falling in the mag well. I have called SSS at least 50 times over the last month and I get a busy signal everytime. Talk about crappy CS.

r29l20

Re: SSS single load ramp

Yes the clip will hold it up, you insert it from the bottom. You have to pull the magazine out.

hunter2

They really work great. Smooth transition. Have one on a 223.

kslefty

If they are for a centerfeed action then they go in from the top and tap into place. Friction holds them in place and yes they do work very well.

Team Savage

Got one installed on my CF action. Slipped it in from the bottom and glued it in place. Added a piece of tape the whole length, filled the mag well and bedded the bottom of the action area.
    Also got a few for my SF actions. Will remove the attatched mags and replace with the loading ramp.
    When you install the ramp, make sure it will clear the opening and closing of the bolt bolt, secure it in place and you're in business.

As far as contacting SSS, a quick Email got me a reply the same day stating they were in stock and would be shipped out that afternoon. Couldn't be any easier.
    You never know how busy they are so I would rather not bother them with a phone call. They always get back to me when they have a chance. Works for me "every time". As far as Customer Service, "always" the best from them. 8)
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

gotcha

247, I've got one in a LA. These are supposed to be press/hammer to fit. Mine wouldn't. Ended up re-shaping the part of the follower that fit the feed ramp so that bolt nose didn't jam on the ramp. Continued to shape until I could feed empty case then used a dab of epoxy @ each end of ramp to secure in place. The variances in dimension of the mag feed slot ( in this case a Stevens) may require some fitting........ Pretty simple to do & feeds beautifully. Like Nor Cal I filled mag well then bedded to the bottom of the feed ramp.

D.ID

I have a long action and it works great but did require minor fitting on the front. Regarding contact: It took me three weeks to figure it out and I was very frustrated, call and can't get threw, email general interest in a part and no response,call,call,call,email...... nothing and then email: interested in so and so part for so and so action and here is my phone number call me to arrange payment and an hour later ring, ring, hello DONE DEAL. Great part, showed up real fast and I was in business.