Thread: Model 10FP-SR stock

roadkill46

Model 10FP-SR stock

I have a Model 10FP-SR .308 at my local gun shop (in layaway, only owe $100 but in no hurry to get it) and it does not have the accustock and according to the Savage website does not come with one either. This will be a predator hunting rifle. I like Bell and Carlson products so i think i will stick with one of their stocks but can anyone with experience packing around either the B/C Verical Grip Tactical Medalist or the Duramaxx as a hunting stock? Or would you suggest another brand????????? Would like to keep it under a $300 stock as much as possible!I hunt with an ATV so their is not much walking except from my stand to pick up a dead coyote!

Thanx in advance for any info. i would like to get the stock and the scope mount so that whenever i get it i can change it all out at once and not even bother with messing with the tupperware stock.

Basic Member

Re: Model 10FP-SR stock

i wonder what the SR stands for? to help you I have never had a BC stock but I have used HS precision and it is nice good luck nice gun

roadkill46

SR is "suppressor ready" it is already threaded 5/8 for my Gemtech. some come with a break and others with just thread protector. mine is the latter as it is for hunting i dont' need a loud break spooking everything else off. I have looked at the HS stocks, will have to look deeper. i really want just a drop in and go, not anything i have to glass or skim or whatever. MOA is good enough for me, all i have to do is hit a 6-8" circle once and i'm good.

Try Stockade Gun Stocks... fiberglass shell, aluminum chassis, various options (including unpainted if you plan on doing a camo paint job for hunting anyway). I've had two of these, never bedded either one, both shot great!

Basic Member

AH SR meaning thanks the HS is drop in I have one it is great and Stockaid is great also both drop in you might find the HS faster then the delivery time on Stockaide

I have put DuraMaxx stocks on two of my Savage's.

If I am going to carry the rifle for any amount of time, it will have the DuraMaxx of the two you mentioned and the max price you specified.

The Tactical Medalist is good for the bench, not for carrying around all day IMO.
    Rick_W
    CPO-USN(Ret)
    You don't know what you don't know.

Basic Member

The duramax will work best of the two mentioned. They do take just a bit of clean up but it's not much and can be done in minutes. blue

rusty815

for the price you cant beat stockade, get their rollover cheek thumbhole stock (which kevin at stockade is very proud of) in moneysaver, it costs less than 300 and youd be getting a stock that is worth much more than that.