Thread: Vortex Viper

lostart

Vortex Viper

Well I finally bought a Vortex viper 6.5-20x44 for the 260. The scope seems fairly well built with positive clicks that are repeatable. Overall the scope is very user friendly. But here comes the problem. My Nikon buckmaster 18x is noticeably clearer especially at higher magnification. The viper kind of looks like im looking through a thick milk glass. I know many of you love your vipers and this was a factor in my purchase. To all of you that own one.....does this seem normal? No I haven't talked to vortex yet, just testing the waters.

Joe O

Re: Vortex Viper

I have two of the same power.No ,it is not normal.Call them.They have good customer service.

Definitely call, my Viper is clear at all settings.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

lostart

Thanks guys, just as I thought. Ill be calling them today. Has anyone else had this issue?

kdvarmint

Quote Originally Posted by lostart
    Thanks guys, just as I thought. Ill be calling them today. Has anyone else had this issue?
    Mine is not a Viper, but a Crossfire. Not impressed with clarity. Vortex customer service is excellent. The FACT that everybody knows that is not a good thing. Will be wary of another Vortex in the future.

rez187

no manufacturer is above mistakes not us optics swarovski night force schmitt and bender all have problems with tubes. the fact that at the low price point of vortex the fact that their customer service is so good great.

fiveshotdot

ATTN: kdvarmint the crossfire is the lowend of viper optics and is NOT the quality of the mid to upper ens scopes. I recieved my viper pst and its clear throughout the mag range. i also own a strikefire and it has close to 1000rds and I only sighted it the initial time. I WILL continue to purchase VORTEX products, but NEVER from the crossfire line.

Joe O

Vortex cusstomer service will make it right.I have two.

kdvarmint

[quote=fiveshotdot ]
    ATTN: kdvarmint the crossfire is the lowend of viper optics and is NOT the quality of the mid to upper ens scopes. I recieved my viper pst and its clear throughout the mag range. i also own a strikefire and it has close to 1000rds and I only sighted it the initial time. I WILL continue to purchase VORTEX products, but NEVER from the crossfire line.
    [/quot

You are exactly right. After a few months of use now, I have to say for the money I spent, I am more than satisfied.

P.S. Can I borrow your wallet?

kdvarmint

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O
    Vortex cusstomer service will make it right.I have two.
    Hello Joe O. I am Kevin D at V.H.A.