Thread: Bad luck with scopes.

r29l20

Bad luck with scopes.

I had a cheap Tasco on my Stevens that failed, so I figuered now is the time to bite the bullet and spend some money. I bought a Zeiss conquest, done deal right, wrong. I mounted it up and tried to bore sight it, and the cross hairs were way to the left of aim, and did not move with windage adjustment. I was having a bad night by now. I brought it back right away and got a Nikon monarch instead. Everything is fine with the world again. I have had scopes fail in the past, but I never thought a Zeiss. I guess it's true, even the best can have a bad one. Just my luck to find it.

Basic Member

Re: Bad luck with scopes.

There are some scope makers that I'll never purchase. Those include Barska, Tasco, BSA, and pretty much any other walmart tacti-useless scope wannabe that one can find at walmart. These scopes may have a warranty, but getting the company to honor the warranty is another story.

Some scope companies I have purchased from and like: Leopold, Millet, Nikon, Zeiss, just to name a few. Reasons I like them (and these aren't all the scope manufacturers I'd purchase from if money grew on trees) is the support. Most high quality scopes have a superb warranty. If there is a problem with my scope, I can send it in to the factory, no questions asked, and receive a replacement, no questions asked.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Vortex are very reasonably priced scopes AND their "no BS" warranty is just that. If it's broke, they will fix or replace it. I'm using a number of Vortex scopes. Their Viper is an excellent scope for the money.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member

I have had two scopes go down in the last month, a simmons wtc.(bushnell) and a brand new just mounted, died first time out weaver/nitrex. A new wtc was here in three weeks, the nitrex was just sent in yesturday so i will find out how weaver is soon. Vortex was very prompt when i had to use them. blue

ICUDIEN

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    Vortex are very reasonably priced scopes AND their "no BS" warranty is just that. If it's broke, they will fix or replace it. I'm using a number of Vortex scopes. Their Viper is an excellent scope for the money.
    +1 I love mine!

I hunted with a cheap Simmons scope for many years and right to this day never had a problem; then upgraded to an allegedly better scope and it cost me a nice buck. So,now I am going a step further and replacing everything with either Vortex or Sightron from this day forward. " just recieved my Viper PST EBR1 worth the wait.
    300WSM 26" 1:10 Med. Hvy. Varmit McRee Precision