I'm wondering how the masses here set up their rifles....to include or not include the cold bore shot(s)? I have about a 2" difference between cold/warm shots. I know it's no big deal in a Coyote rifle @100yds, but maybe that first shot will be @ 300yds.

Theory #1) I'll always be shooting game on a cold bore, so the first shot is most important. Good theory if I only plan on shooting one Coyote per hunt.

Theory #2) I'll probably shoot more than once, so why not sight in with a warm barrel? Clean rifle at range and fire off a fouling shot before leaving? (this leads to another question)

Theory #3) I like to shoot a lot, and nothing gets me a grin like the .299" group I shot yesterday (well, almost nothing else) That kind of group is impossible including the "fouling" shots. I probably shoot 50 rounds at the range for every shot I take hunting.

So assuming that everyone sees a difference between warm/cold....fouled/non fouled bores, what do you do??

Is my 2" (@ 100yds.) difference due to a cold/warm bore, or a fouled/non fouled bore?
This is probably the biggest question I have.

FYI... Shooting hand loads with AA2230, Win brass, Nosler 55gr BT, FPS is 3100. Rifle (#10 PH) will shoot under 1/2MOA with this load....if I do my part. Is there something in my load that I can change to lessen the effect of cold/warm - fouled/non fouled discrepancy?

Thanks for any insight the neighborhood ballistic experts can offer up.