So I just joined a gun club with a 1000yd range that you have to go through a safetyy class and then qualify with an instructor to get a key for the gate. The instructions are a full day in class then the next morning start with your rifle zeroed at 300yd and shoot 3-shots to verify zero. We will then move back to 600yd and verify again, with the same process at 800 and 900. At 1000yds you hae to be able to hit paper 7 out of 10 shots without dropping anything short which is a DQ from class. I am under the impression you can shoot as much as needed at the shorter distances to make any adjustments needed. This is a new game for me as I usually shoot hunting rifles out to 300yds normally and have never attempted a shot farther than 400yds. The shots will be taken prone with whatever rest you bring. My plan was to shoot a 116 22-250 varmit barrel with 55gr (.250BC)@3700fps and a 6.5-20 Sightron SII on DNZ mount which is a 1/2MOA gun. I am trying to make sure I have enough adjustment in the scope to get out there. I am zeroed now at 100yds and can go up 240 clicks (1/8") until it runs out. By my math it should be plenty but would like someone else to check that to make sure I am not screwing this up as I can only practice out to 300yds before this test. Also am I spinning my wheels trying to shoot this gun or would it be easier to make this work with a 7mag or 300wm? Should I use bags, bipods or ??? Any other advise would be helpful.