Thread: .416-Remington Magnum!

Tracer

.416-Remington Magnum!

In regards to another posters thread, I just wanted to say what I know about the .416-Remington caliber for African hunting gents. This caliber has been out now for over a decade and I have "never" heard anything about it being a problem or causing a problem in the heat of the Dark Continent. I myself have been hunting in Africa on several ocassions and used my .416-Remington magnum caliber in a model 70 Winchester with no problems what so ever.

There is nothing I know of that will out penetrate a .416-caliber in a big DGR gun! A 500-Jeffery's will hit harder but will not out penetrate the .416-Remington, .416-Rigby etc. I have never heard of any problems with extraction of a case in any .416-Remington caliber rifle over the years.

Mbarnes72

Re: .416-Remington Magnum!

So I just got ahold of another 116 savage in 375 H&H and I think I will start on the order of a 416 Rem barrel for this one to be ready for my next African trip.

taos

Re: .416-Remington Magnum!

It is also a dang fine elk cartridge here on this continent!! I could hunt the rest of my days with any .416 and be happy to be able to do it!! When my boys were 12 years old they both shot my Rigby and learned to enjoy it it!!