Thread: Need Help Picking Mounts

haussanator

Need Help Picking Mounts

I just bought an American classic 114 SS .270win what scope mounts should i buy? Any body like a certain brand or type thanks for the help.

airaddict

Re: Need Help Picking Mounts

I like the DNZ mounts. I have a set on my model 16 and i have never had a problem with them. They havent marred my luppy either or a simmons i had on a ruger 10/22.

when i first put them on my model 16, and my lupy was brand spankin new, it only took a few clicks up and to the left to zero at 100 yrds. That told me the alignment was pretty good, or at least good for me for hunting purposes. they are a little on the pricey side at about $53 a set from midway but at least u know they are one piece mount and wont ever rust.

i had med mounts that fit a simmons 44 mag scope w/lens covers with no prob and that height also fits my luppy 40mm obj. I have a simmons 50mm AO i may put on a new build and for that ill prob need high mounts,

They also sell them with build in MOA if ur a long range competitor.

Brian

Basic Member

My personal favorite combo is EGW rail and Weaver Grand Slam rings.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

r29l20

If it were me, I would get gloss mounts, what ever style you decide on. Traditional style, Burris, Redfield or Leupold. They just look right on that rifle. :)

M.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by airaddict
    I like the DNZ mounts. I have a set on my model 16 and i have never had a problem with them. They havent marred my luppy either or a simmons i had on a ruger 10/22.

when i first put them on my model 16, and my lupy was brand spankin new, it only took a few clicks up and to the left to zero at 100 yrds. That told me the alignment was pretty good, or at least good for me for hunting purposes. they are a little on the pricey side at about $53 a set from midway but at least u know they are one piece mount and wont ever rust.

i had med mounts that fit a simmons 44 mag scope w/lens covers with no prob and that height also fits my luppy 40mm obj. I have a simmons 50mm AO i may put on a new build and for that ill prob need high mounts,

They also sell them with build in MOA if ur a long range competitor.

Brian
    i would go with the dnz's too they just seem so much stronger being one piece ;D

helotaxi

I wouldn't go with a Piccatinny rail unless you really need that level of fore/aft adjustment and want to use tactical rings. For a hunting rifle, something like the DNZ mount or the Talley lightweight two-piece would be perfect.

nsaqam

That's pretty much the classiest Savage made right now and I'd be looking for a classy set of mounts.

Think Conetrol, or S&K, or even the Talley vertical split rings.

I like the Talley Lightweights and could like the DNZ system but they are both rather ugly.

The ones I recommended are expensive but they are classy.

Tracer

I use Leupold steel bases and mounts for my big game rifles!