Had to power wash the deck and the house yesterday so I didn’t make it over to the farm in the evening. That’s okay since I don’t like to put too much pressure on any one location. I like to give the critters a false sense of security and then lower the hammer on ‘em. ::)

So, I tried a morning hunt instead and it’s a good thing I did cause it’s raining here now.

Used the same truck blind set up I used the other night. Took over an hour for the poor unsuspecting ghog to finally pop up at my 10 o’clock. It was way up on its hind legs looking straight ahead so I figured its hole must be pretty close by. Took my time getting into position while the ghog got comfortable with the surroundings. When it stood up again I let the Savage do the talking with a 45 grain hollow point straight to the right shoulder. I heard the splat, but did not see any sign of surrender. Now I start to wonder???

I waited about a half hour to give any other hogs a chance to appear, but there were no shows. Found the ghog about two feet from its burrow. It looks like about a two year old male.

Here are few shots of the farm, the walk up and the rollover of the ghog. The hollow point must have hit some bone along the way to produce that exit wound. A long but productive wait. The cell phone pics don't do the farm justice.