Thread: i have a mark 2, but i dont know what model it is. how can i tell?

whiteshadow76

i have a mark 2, but i dont know what model it is. how can i tell?

i bought this thing years ago, love shooting it. but dont know much about it. its a black synthetic stock, 10 round magazine, bolt action and it came with a simmons 3-9x40 scope and it has the accu-trigger and it has sling mounts. the gun in not modified and it is the way i bought it. its a mark 2, but i dont know what model it is. i bought it at a local sporting goods store no more than 5 years ago. i was looking at savages website trying to identify what model it is, i was thinking about selling it but figured i should look up what model it is. how can i tell? all it says on the bbl is "savage mark II" thanks in advance!

Soonlobo

Re: i have a mark 2, but i dont know what model it is. how can i tell?

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow76
    i bought this thing years ago, love shooting it. but dont know much about it. its a black synthetic stock, 10 round magazine, bolt action and it came with a simmons 3-9x40 scope and it has the accu-trigger and it has sling mounts. the gun in not modified and it is the way i bought it. its a mark 2, but i dont know what model it is. i bought it at a local sporting goods store no more than 5 years ago. i was looking at savages website trying to identify what model it is, i was thinking about selling it but figured i should look up what model it is. how can i tell? all it says on the bbl is "savage mark II" thanks in advance!
    If it has a stainless steel barrel than I think it is an FSS.

whiteshadow76

Quote Originally Posted by Soonlobo
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshadow76
    If it has a stainless steel barrel than I think it is an FSS.
    it has a regular black bbl ( i think its called blued? correct me if i am wrong )

Soonlobo

It sounds like one of the F series, not sure which one. Go to this link and navigate to the Mark II series. You'll be able to compare:

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

LabRat2k3

Put your SN in the parts finder on the Savage website. It will tell you what model it is I think.

whiteshadow76

Quote Originally Posted by Soonlobo
    It sounds like one of the F series, not sure which one. Go to this link and navigate to the Mark II series. You'll be able to compare:

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/models/

i did, and none of the listed models are like the one i have

whiteshadow76

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat2k3
    Put your SN in the parts finder on the Savage website. It will tell you what model it is I think.
    thanks! turns out i have a MARK II-FNSXP 22LR, is it a good one?

LabRat2k3

Lets see then. It's a blue, standard barrel, synthetic stock(F), no open sights(NS), and came with a scope from the factory(XP). You said that you love to shoot it so I would have to say yes it is a good one, but that's just how I value guns. If it shoots good and I like it, it's a good one, if not it's a good one for someone else to own.

whiteshadow76

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat2k3
    Lets see then. It's a blue, standard barrel, synthetic stock(F), no open sights(NS), and came with a scope from the factory(XP). You said that you love to shoot it so I would have to say yes it is a good one, but that's just how I value guns. If it shoots good and I like it, it's a good one, if not it's a good one for someone else to own.
    thanks for breaking the model designation down! now i know what it means!