Thread: New to savage

Sniper77

New to savage

I recently bought a savage rifle in a 30-06 cal with a serial # starting with G07. My 1st question is can I convert it from a hidden mag to a drop down mag and what would be a good varment/tactical stock for it? Does anyone know what model it is the serial # is G074546?

Basic Member

Re: New to savage

By a drop down mag, I assume your looking to convert the magazine to a detachable box magazine. If so, you could convert the magazine. I would send the rifle to SSS. Other members have done the conversion themselves too.

Different stocks are available for the rifle. You could get a Choate Ultimate Varmint stock for less than $200.
    If you wanted to spend a little more, you could get Stockade Arms or SSS to build you a stock. A custom stock would run you about $350 after shipping, depending on the accessories and other things you wanted.

http://www.xlrindustries.com/
    If you wanted a modular stock get something like this one.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member

Re: New to savage

Going by the serial #, your rifle has a stagger feed magazine. If it is indeed a stagger feed, you are limited.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.