Thread: Over 300 rounds was not enough to last past noon.....

Basic Member

Over 300 rounds was not enough to last past noon.....

I am still at it, but have not posted my shoots as they pretty much are all the same...splat & fly...
    Here are a few shows...sorry about the vids as my old HP digi is pretty sad on that part...have to get a hat cam I think!
    This spot is about 1/2 mile from the top range where I have shot until today and hiked down into it which is about 30 minutes taking it easy and looking for coyote sign along the way. I did see a few tracks along the creek bottom cattle trails, but have not heard any since March.
    The P-dogs have not been shot at down here and I ran 107 shots in about an hour as soon as I plopped down. I had so many double/tripple/quads hits that it was uncountable!
    The more I shot the more came out to see whats going on....opps wrong move....hahahah
    My barrel was smoking hot and I had to wrap a hand towel on it and keep it watered from my ice water bottle, needless to say my gun drunk 80% of it today...least I had 2 sodas with me for refreshments.
    I had a ranch hand come into my shooting range as he was pushing some cattle into the other bottom land about 900 yards from me so I naturally stopped shooting even though I was pointing 180* off his left side.
    He then trotted back to my spot and we talked for a bit about coyotes and the antelope herds this year. He did say he saw 3 young coyotes about a mile up the canyons at the top of the bluffs.
    I have now run a tad over 7000 rounds since March. This is all with my Savage FP10 & 12FV in .223
    It was nice to see 8 Antelope out there today and all under 300 yards with 5 under 200 yards from me just feeding along as I shot around them.

roadkill46

Re: Over 300 rounds was not enough to last past noon.....

sounds like fun to me! we don't have P dogs this far southwest in AZ but we do have Richardson's ground squirrels. talk about a small target. i'm a coyote hunter mainly and there are enough down here to stock the rest of the country. my self imposed season does not start until october 31st due to rattlesnakes but after that it is every weekend and out of town around the state on long weekends. got 59 dogs last year! good luck, but sounds like you don't need it in the p dog venue you have. wish we had a few closer to home to hit down here, and i wish we had hogs, i know the ranchers/farmers here would kill me for saying that, but still wish we had a few to eradicate.

seanhagerty

Color me jealous. This sounds so fun. I wish you continued success.

Sean

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by seanhagerty
    Color me jealous. This sounds so fun. I wish you continued success.
    Sean
    Thanks, I have been hitting them every week since that post and a few times 2x a week and I know the coyotes are eating well after I leave since the last 2 I saw 2 weeks back were nice & fat looking.