Thread: Savage 110BA 338LM - 20 MOA rail and stock options

NZsavage

Savage 110BA 338LM - 20 MOA rail and stock options

i have a 110BA in 338 Lapua Magum.....i have found it really great and after initial running in with 150 rounds playing and developing loads it is a pretty impressive factory package. i have settled on a load of 88.5g of H1000 and 300 grain SMK's - my overall loaded length is 95.25mm ( or 3.75&#39 which just fits the BA magazine.

Although not a very hot load it performs well and is consistent @ 0.5-0.6MOA we have a 1000 yard range for testing and most testing is done @ 400 and 800 yards

My only issue with the rifle is its weight......I'm not extremely concerned but would like to make some improvements if possible. I use my rifle for long range deer in New Zealand mostly between 600-1200 yards and although some areas can be accessed by ATV (can-ams are great machines) i still tramp into may locations. curretnly is use a TAC Force bag with the pack straps which is a great help but i'm keen to loose some weight is possible.

Firstly the scope rail - appears to be about 60% waste of time....i don't see me mounting any kind of accessories to the side rails or extension in front of the scope - Doe anyone know or can nayone recommend a short mount for jsut the scope??

I also noticed the new 110 FCP with the HS precision stock - does anyone know if this stock will fit a 110BA as a direct swap for the alloy tactical style?

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/m...FCPHSPrecision

mythree

Re: Savage 110BA 338LM - 20 MOA rail and stock options

I may be interested in trading stocks with you I have the new 110FCP... My rifle is brand new I would need to see pictures if your interested. You can reach me through the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NZsavage
    i have a 110BA in 338 Lapua Magum.....i have found it really great and after initial running in with 150 rounds playing and developing loads it is a pretty impressive factory package. i have settled on a load of 88.5g of H1000 and 300 grain SMK's - my overall loaded length is 95.25mm ( or 3.75&#39 which just fits the BA magazine.

Although not a very hot load it performs well and is consistent @ 0.5-0.6MOA we have a 1000 yard range for testing and most testing is done @ 400 and 800 yards

My only issue with the rifle is its weight......I'm not extremely concerned but would like to make some improvements if possible. I use my rifle for long range deer in New Zealand mostly between 600-1200 yards and although some areas can be accessed by ATV (can-ams are great machines) i still tramp into may locations. curretnly is use a TAC Force bag with the pack straps which is a great help but i'm keen to loose some weight is possible.

Firstly the scope rail - appears to be about 60% waste of time....i don't see me mounting any kind of accessories to the side rails or extension in front of the scope - Doe anyone know or can nayone recommend a short mount for jsut the scope??

I also noticed the new 110 FCP with the HS precision stock - does anyone know if this stock will fit a 110BA as a direct swap for the alloy tactical style?

Basic Member

Now we are talking, I like this new Savage! ;D

NZsavage

Quote Originally Posted by mythree
    I may be interested in trading stocks with you I have the new 110FCP... My rifle is brand new I would need to see pictures if your interested. You can reach me through the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by NZsavage

Hi Mythree.....maybe interested...mines in as new condition only about 1 month old and 3 trips to the range........where are you located