Thread: 99's

1trauma

99's

I am new here so please bear with me. At the LGS yesterday and an older gentleman walked in with 4 99's. I immediately began to salivate as this is one series of rifle I want and have not found in caliber/condition that is acceptable. 2 were newer models in 308 that did not interest me. However, 2 were older that got my eye. One is in .300 savage, with a flip over weaver scope mount and period correct wever k4 scope. That one is already on my layaway shelf(another story), the last one is a very nice condition 99 in 25-35WCF. It is a take down model with curved steel buttplate. The bore looks really good. what price is good?

Hard to say without pics, condition is everything. The 25-35's are an uncommon caliber but if it's been buggered in anyway (sling studs, cracks, sanded, non-matching numbers, etc) it might only be a $350 gun. If it's all good and everything is correct it could be a $1000 rifle. Like I said, I can't estimate a gun without seeing it.
    Savage- "never say never".

1trauma
    No cracks in the stock. Sling studs intact. Not sanded, numbers all matchWould estimate at 80%. Looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by 1trauma View Post
    Sling studs intact.
    Bang, there you go, they never came with sling studs, which drops the gun into the $600 range give or take.
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member
    There you go. Informed posters here will help anyone.

1trauma
    So went and looked at this gun again. It has the sling loop on the barrel anf the butt stock. Not studs.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.