Thread: need help on what to do next

M.O.A.

need help on what to do next

i have a stevens 223 im getting a shaw 24" magnum sportier barrel fluted, timeny trigger and boyds light varmint stock with glass and aluminum pillars .

after that im lost as to what to do to the action. would a savage bolt be good to put in it or would the stevens do the job and how do you jewel the action and bolt

MT4065

Re: need help on what to do next

Woulnt worry abour bolt upgrade lots you can do to polish up friction areas inside bolt. On jewelingyou can do it yourself. Tools are avaliable from Brownells and others I have used valve grinding compound and a drill press with a jig I made years ago to index the bolt so your pattern stays nice and even. Just takes time.

airaddict

or you could get one of those sharp looking SSS fluted bolts or have them flute ur bolt. Im expecting one soon for my mag contour fluted 308 barrel model 16. I got black colored flutes to compliment my boyds FT in nutmeg color.

brian

M.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by airaddict
    or you could get one of those sharp looking SSS fluted bolts or have them flute ur bolt. Im expecting one soon for my mag contour fluted 308 barrel model 16. I got black colored flutes to compliment my boyds FT in nutmeg color.

brian
    now that sounds bad a** would like to see it if you have a pic on here

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.