Thread: Savage online "Part Finder" FAIL

Savage online "Part Finder" FAIL

I recently bought a centerfeed short action from another member here; the action did not include any magazine parts.

Last Friday morning, I be-bop over to the Savage website, throw the serial number into their Parts Finder, and see that the 10FP action came as a 308. So I click the following for purchase, right from the schematic:

MAG BOX SHORT STD (NFS) - PN: 105663
    MAG RETAINING CLIP - PN: 106130
    MAG FOLLOWER ASSY SHORT - PN: 106475

Savage doesn't ship the parts until Monday, and UPS takes an extra day getting them to me for some odd reason, so they don't show up at my door until after 5pm today.

I open it up and see all three parts...but when I try to put the mag follower into the mag box, it doesn't fit. > In fact, its at least an inch too long - it looks like a maybe staggerfeed follower, or a long action follower, best I can tell. I compare the part number on the invoice with what the website shows the follower should be, and sure enough, they match.

And of course, Savage is closed for the weekend when I call to complain that their parts finder, allegedly specific to my serial action, sent me the wrong damn part.

So...anybody know the ACTUAL part number for a 308 centerfeed mag well follower? ??? ???

Re: Savage online "Part Finder" FAIL

My tape measure shows the follower they sent me at 3 3/8"...which is longer than the follower in my staggerfeed 7RM.

Guess somebody grabbed from the wrong bin....frustrating since this will likely take me another week to remedy.

PawPaw

Re: Savage online "Part Finder" FAIL

It's been my experience that if you call the nice lady before you order the parts, you can discuss it with her on the phone. By calling, you get to talk about the order, change it instantly, make sure you've got the right stuff.

I've used them twice and have been very happy with the experience.