Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is truing and timing worth it?

DGD6MM

Re: Is truing and timing worth it?

mugsie, 1st thank you for your service to our Country. 2nd bed that rifle and it will shoot better. Do the 38 thing and you will be better off on bolt manipulation. I lost a shoot due to time in prone position because of heavy bolt lift. The fella that beat me was faster, he was shooting a Savage that had been T&T'd. I was more accurate, he was a little faster, and that cost me a lot.

JCalhoun

If y'all don't send SSS your actions Fred will have more time to spend on mine. ;D

DGD6MM

+1 on what JCalhoun said ;D

"By the time you're old enough to afford one, you probably won't live long enough to receive it."
    LOL Thanks Jack I needed that.!

M.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by mytwo60
    Don't know. Never had it done.

btw, I have 2 260s. One shoots in the .3s the other in the .5-.6s range. Guess which rifle shoots better at 600yds?
    there might be something to this post some times a bullet or load does not settle down till further down range try shooting at 300 or 400 yards and see what it does.

cwop

as a small business owner i understand fred s situation and i can understand everyone s frustration but im sure some of his tech calls are a complete waste of his time. lets look at it this way fred and his wife need a certain amount of business weekly in order to keep their doors open and all their vendors paid and other things kept up to date.

ill bet fred works in excess of 10 hours a day most days of the week and still is behind but that is a good thing. i have told many customers i am a one man operation if you want to do business with me sometimes i may take awhile but when i am done your order will be correct and the price will be right.

some potential customers would not do it this way so we both went down the road both happy but i can assure you after 35 years in my business i can do way more for a customer than the huge billion dollar a year conglomerates. i have seen people throw away very expensive pieces of equipment because they couldnt get one inexpensive part or didnt know how to get it or someone to get it for them. that is my job!

i dont need anything done by fred but i can assure you if i sent him a rifle i would have something to use in the meantime and just know it would take awhile. sometimes quality work and service just takes awhile.

bob

Basic Member

I suppose to answer the thread's main question of is it worth have a Savage action Timed and Trued, the main question is what do you plan on doing with the rifle? If you just want a lighter bolt lift, then I suppose the 38 special trick will work. Never done it myself, so I cannot compare the results. However, if you are trying to wring out every bit of accuracy possible out of your savage rifle, then I would send it in.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12