My dad has a savage 219 20ga and it had a 30-30 barrel that was lost in a fire. I recently bought a 22 hornet barrel for it. It doesn't quite fit right. The lever wouldn't completely close but it was close. Upon opening the action again we could see a mark on the barrel lug from the receiver when it was closed. It appeared that there was a high spot there so nervously I agreed to run a flat file over it a few times checking for fitting. Each time we got the same mark on the lug and I finally chickened out and didn't want to bubba it up. I took pictures of the mark, the lever, and how the barrel doesn't quite fit parallel to the receiver like the 20ga shotgun barrel does. I decided to shoot the hornet the way it was and it shot fine. I think it hit the primer slightly low but fired nonetheless and we got it sighted in. seems to shoot well.

I am going to take it to one of the gunsmiths in town but thought I would check here to see if it is something that a run of the mill smith would know what to do, or if there is something I could do once I have the know how, or if I screwed up but taking a little metal off.
Thanks,
Rusty