Thread: Accutrigger adjustment screw?

jinx-)

Accutrigger adjustment screw?

I decide to adjust trigger pull so I removed stock but I do not see any screw to adjust, but there is a spring and thread cut for the screw. So is it supposed to have adjustment screw or I just turn that spring?

Re: Accutrigger adjustment screw?

Turn the spring with the special tool.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

airaddict

theres no real screw your turning. its a bent portion inside a smaller diameter of the accutrigger spring that threads into the trigger that the little tool engages and turns.

Ive broken mine down multiple times to see how it works and actually successfully tuned mine down to 14 oz which is scary light to me. I would only use that trigger spring in competition in a controlled environment because it requires a very light bolt close or else it trips the sear. I did order a replacement spring from SSS that i plan to use for hunting, for safety reasons of course.

brian

jinx-)

Thanks!!! I thought it got lost ::)

jinx-)

Well another question since I adjusted to lighter pull, sear releases without accurelaese engaged, I can pull on the trigger without engaging middle blade and it will fire....

airaddict

so your saying it hitting the middle blade that sticks up in the path of the sear? i know they will do that if you push sideways on the trigger. even with mine setting at my hunting setting of 2.5 lbs it will do that.

brian

jinx-)

well, if I pull trigger without pushing middle blade, middle blade does move and sear engages,so shot fired. But I thought middle one has to come first.

airaddict

the middle blade should be high enough that it should stop the sear before it allows the firing pin to go forward if tripped. i tested mine while the barrel was off so i could see the bolt face and when tripped the firing pin was not protruding from the bolt face so the round would not have fired. ivenever had it trip at the range or in the field w a live round in the chamber or even a primed empty shell.

i think its particular what your describing and u may want to get a professional gunsmith to check it out to be safe and or call savage to see if they will inspect it under warranty. better safe than sorry.

brian

jinx-)

Checked it again, it looks like sears does engages, but middle blade blocks it, locking release in the process, I guess I heard click when sears releases and assume firing pin strike, I guess its more complicated then what I thought ;D

airaddict

yeah, the sound is very diff from what it sounds like on a true dry fire. its more of a thud noise which is the sear hitting the blade. sounds like ur in business!

brian

r29l20

What your experiencing is exactly what that safety is there for. Even if the sear trips, the middle blade prevents the sear from moving far enough to release the firing pin. It's a very simple, yet brilliant design. Other companies designs may look similar, but they don't prevent the gun from firing if the sear is tripped.

jinx-)

Had a chance to test my target accutriger which I set to lowest pull, sear was getting engaged half way before trigger, so I had 80% misfires, just by slowly pushing on the middle plate I had that dry click and everything would lock up, had to screw adjustment screw back 2 - 3 turns only then it stop engaging sear. Something is not right, why would sear engage when trigger had no contact from my finger.

I take the eclip off and pull the pin that the blade is on and remove the blade and now it is a normal trigger. The accutrigger is ok,but I couldnt get used to the blade.It works for me with a slow bolt closing as well as it is about 9 ounces(orange blade) on a pta savage single shot .
    Willing to give back for what the sport has done for me!

jinx-)

its red blade accutriger, thing is without ammo in the chamber it let me pull blade and engage trigger, but as soon as I have brass in the chamber it snaps half way, when I have light pull setting...

Basic Member

Jinx with a piece of fired brass in the chamber take your finger and slowly try to push the center blade straight back until you can touch the trigger and cause the firing pin to drop. I am not talking about pulling the trigger. do not grip the gun. set the rifle in a holder of some type or set it on a bi-pod and watching from the side and try to work the trigger. what you are describing sounds like you are pulling the trigger just a little to one side. this shows up when the accutrigger is set to a very light trigger pull and you are tripping the center safety just like it was built to do. the accutrigger will force you to use correct trigger/finger contact. taking the center blade defeats the purpose of having the accutrigger.

Gary
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

jinx-)

Gary, that's exactly what I did today at the range, I have rifle vise so I removed barrel-action from the stock and set it on my rifle vise, I was watching that blade not to touch trigger, but somehow it just snaps, it even did it when I was closing bolt my fingers were nowhere close to the trigger.

Basic Member

Jinx it sounds like it is set too light. Set it heavy enough closing the bolt won't trip it.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

jinx-)

I did set it to heavier pull and l it works fine now, but I had to play with it first, because of that my groups suffered, I had no idea when that thing will break, after I did 2 - 3 full turns, then it stopped engaging safety.