Thread: Hello, I know you all realize this.

bluebarrel

Hello, I know you all realize this.

I knew it but it came as a slight surprise. What is it you ask? The out of the box accuracy.

I purchased a 11FXP3 in the .243 caliber a couple of weeks a go and got a chance to hit the 100 yard range today.

I used some basic sight in ammo, Winchester Super-x, and Rem core-lokt both in 100 gr for now and will work out a deer round later in the summer. The first 3 shots were a inch grp 1 inch to the right, shot 4, I drop it 1 click and to the left 2 clicks, and for shots 5,6,7 after 2 more clicks you can see what was produced. This was with the Super-x.
    [img width=337 height=450]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5vAjGA_7soA/ThSEGXWenGI/AAAAAAAAAko/0UJPleSpB0U/s576/20110706104033.jpg[/img]

I then shot the Remington ammo, and didn't do any additional scope adjusting since I now knew I was right on, and this is what was produced. I jerked one, but I couldn't be happier with how the gun performed.

[img width=600 height=450]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IbBcCWfDVkw/ThSIVYOdBJI/AAAAAAAAAkw/37NIeATmnAg/s720/20110706120650.jpg[/img]

The recoil was just perfect, and the gun was a dream to handle.

Re: Hello, I know you all realize this.

Ya can't argue with perfection. Welcome to the world of the barrel nut. ;D
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Cant argue with that for a factory rifle. Nice shootin!
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

That model/caliber has got to be the sweetest rifle ever made for the money. Welcome to the addiction, opps, i mean hobby. blue

bluebarrel

Thank You so much.

I was going to change out that factory scope, but now I may just go the season with this scope and think about it for next season. This was one of Savage's "package" series guns.

I agree, what else do you want in a rifle? Shoot accurate as heck. Anything other then that and your paying more then you have to. That Accutrigger is sweeeeet!. I had never heard of it until doing research into Savage rifles.