Thread: Accutrigger Adjustment Tips

SYBO

Accutrigger Adjustment Tips

As a proud owner of a BTVS .22 Mag, took her out for a July 4th first range session. Love this rifle!! Went through numerous ammo brands and weights and found what she likes.I really would like to lighten up this trigger alot, but this is my first Savage-accutrigger and could use some help.Suggestions or instructions?Thanks in advance, Jim

rez187

Re: Accutrigger Adjustment Tips

read manual if that doesnt help go to local gun shop and give back your gun, you dont need to be handling firearms try a sling shot.

or

pull action out of stock take special accutrigger tool sent in orig box and turn that simple.

SYBO

Thanks Rez.......actually was thinking about a little more detailed info , for info, such as things to look out for and torque recomendations for screws and any other info.This is my first Savage Slingshot and don't want to f%&* it up :-\

Conaso

rez187 - A novice or someone who was unfamiliar with the rifle asked a serious question. Don't *****-slap him. The first comment was inappropriate, I hope that wasn't how you were taught. :-\

bgc

The adjustment of the Accutrigger is fairly straight forward. It’s not a delicate piece, just a spring but don’t force anything. As far as the torque on the action screws, I go 40-45 inch pounds on most of the rifles.

Conaso

SYBO - Check out the Rimfire Central website, http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...splay.php?f=24, especially the "stickys," for detailed info on bolt disassembly, receiver bolt torque, pillaring/bedding, etc. The base plate on some Savages are thin and too much torque will warp it; there is a replacement. Just do a search, there are very experienced and talented people on this and other websites and most questions you may ask have already been answered.

rez187

dang straight it was of course now days its kinder and gentler. this isn't rocket science and these are not delicate electronics read the manual and go to work if you run into a problem then post what you did and what the issues is

not to bash jim im glad you purchased a new firearm. there are no magic torque numbers try calling savage and ask but most guys will tune their action by adding progressively more torque until the best accuracy is achieved. the generic factory spec is a guideline no a must.

what im getting at is dive into it the things you are doing will not cause catastrophic failure or your gun to blow up the accutrigger will not allow you set an unsafe trigger ive tried it

SYBO

Thanks all, no harm- no foul. I appreciated all the input and have made the adjustment on the trigger. When tweaking new mechanisms for the first time, I just want it right. Memories of the Timney trigger I installed in my Remmy 700 5R in .308...All is good.