Thread: 6XC and tupperware stock= inaccuracy???

Basic Member

6XC and tupperware stock= inaccuracy???

Just got my Pac-Nor bbl, #1 contour, 6xc bbl , headspaced it, and started to do breakin...so far with 115 Bergers VLDs and RL17 powder, accuracy hasn;t been great! Shooting off a frt rest and rear bag, 100 yards...now, it WAS windy! Are the tupperware stocks known to be hit or miss as far as being good for accuracy? I'm putting it in a B&C tactical Medalist i have to check it.......groups running 2" at 100...but the wind didn't help, around 10-20 and real variable...but wondering about the factory stock? Thanks, rsbhunter
    If you stand for nothing, Then you'll fall for anything!

82boy

Re: 6XC and tupperware stock= inaccuracy???

I have shot some very good groups out of a cheap Tupperware stock. Yes it takes a bit more concentration, and work to shoot small groups with one, but it can and has been done. It is like a saying Fred uses, it is like driving a race car with an uncomfortable seat. The stock will not hinder your groups. You do have some things against you, such as the bullets. The barrel may not like that bullet, and that bullet is not designed to shoot at 100 yards. I have personally never had good luck with any 115 gr bullet. Try different powders, I have personally never found anything that RE 17 shot great in, I have seen it does do well with the small over bore cartridges, such as 20x47 Lapua. The 6XC is similar to the 6x47 lapua, I found that 4350, works VERY well, with 105-108 gr bullets in a 1 in 8 twist.

Basic Member

I just finished a 6xc with a Krieger barrel, 8 twist. I reworked the factory 3 screw on a .243 action, and bedded and floated in a camo tupperware stock. Ihave a Burrisn, 8x32x44 on it, and loads loaded, just not tried yet. I will get back to you after some range work, but I am going to try 107 Sierras, my last 2 xc's I built for buddies didnt like the 115 either.

Basic Member

This is a 1-7" twist, i figured it was what Berger recommended , and i was planning on shooting the heavier weights.....shot some groups today that after i stopped cleaning every 2 rounds (will group AFTER fouling shot) groups went from 2-3 inches to sub MOA. This is a #1 contour, so i might just shoot from a fouled bore when hunting.......any advice on anything about 6XC's will be GREATLY appreciated, I am thinking about having the leade lengthened to seat the bullets out some. I need to buy some H4350...i have RL17 and H4831SC.....but i need to try the Hodgdon 4350 also, from what i read....rsbhunter
    If you stand for nothing, Then you'll fall for anything!