Well, I got some extra $$ last week, so I decided to start reloading (been saving my brass...)

So I got a Lee Deluxe turret press kit, a frankford arsenal tumbler w/separator, some sierra 150gr spitzer bullets, cci 200 primers, and Varget powder.... I also got a .308 delux rifle die set and a .308 factory crimp die....

The press kit is obviously made more with pistol cartridges in mind, as the powder measure that comes with it only works with lee pistol dies. The directions for adjusting the dies leave a little to be desired, but common sense kicked in and I got it set up, go to load my first round and..... hmmm, the kit doesn't come with any way to add powder to rifle cartridges.... no funnel, nothing... So I made a little paper funnel, but weighing out each load gets old fast! So I picked up a lee perfect powder measure...

Long story short, I loaded my first 10 rounds tonight.... 42.5gr of varget with my sierra 150gr spitzers in Remington brass.... I definitely want to pick up an autoprime xr, as loading with the press doesn't seem very precise, and its a pita putting each primer in the little cup, lol....

Hopefully I can get a few more different powder weights loaded before I head to the range on Saturday....

So how did I do in picking my components? I knew I wanted to start with a turret press to make things easy, glad I did... should I get the autoprime or just get the safety prime and keep using the press to prime?