Thread: Success - Or Just Dumb Luck???

Dogbone

Success - Or Just Dumb Luck???

Went back to the farm again tonight, but on the way I stopped at the church garden to squash some potato bugs and hoe some weeds. Trying to stay on top of things.

Got to the farm right around six. Set up behind my hay bale hide and waited. In fifteen minutes the pumpkin eater appeared. I had already ranged the distance at 120 yards where he came out on Monday and had the gun ready to go. I found his frame in the scope and placed the crosshairs on him. As I took off the safety and placed my finger on the trigger, he turned and it looked like he was headed back to the weeds. I wasn’t going to take any chances on losing him again, so I let fly the hollow point right at his backside.

He just stood there for a moment and then slowly turned again and faced me head on as though he was staring down his assassin. I sent another hollow point straight at him and he dropped.

I walked up to the body and found two wounds, one in the rump and one in the neck. I don’t know how he was able to withstand the punch of the first shot, but the second finished him off. A big male.

Took a couple obligatory pictures and heaved him from whence he came. His burrow hole was huge and a three foot wide circumference around the hole looked like it had been trampled by an elephant. Wow!

r29l20

Re: Success - Or Just Dumb Luck???

Nice!

Re: Success - Or Just Dumb Luck???

Well, guess yuo got him after all. Its fun to read these stories with a happy ending...LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood