Thread: axis scope mount

JBK

axis scope mount

ok guys was wanting a little help here, as i am sure yall have done more rifle mods than i. i changed the scope that came on my axis. with the new scope the two piece scope mount wouldnt let me get the right eye relief. so i looked around for the right one to fit and purchased a weaver rail that midway said fit. wel of course it didnt as i was looking at te rail i thought it shouldnt be to big of a deal to move the holes in the rail (i am a welder fabricator by trade). i measured and remeasured the hole pattern on the rifle. i checked to make sure the x axis on my mill was running true. chucked it up in bridgeport and redrilled and countersunk holes. i moved hole with digital readout. So what i was wondering since i havent done anything to a firearm part before is, is redrilling holes on the rail no big deal as it seems or did i miss something. like is there something im not thinking of? the holes matched perfectally and it fit great. put in screws with lock tight and seems good.

M.O.A.

Re: axis scope mount

nope you should be good . way to take it by the rains.

buy the way it sounds like you got a long action mount and have a short action gun know biggie

JBK

Actually it was a long action mount and the rifle is long action. it is chambered in 30-06. im sure the mounts are out there i just couldnt find any.

M.O.A.

hum then you got a mount for something other

JBK

well i searched on midway for 1 piece for axis. when it pulled it up it said it was for 110. i just figured they had same hole pattern. owe well it works. lol, its not wrong, its custom. i got to shoot it for the first time the other day and it shot good

M.O.A.

welp thats all that matters ;D good shootin ;D

dacaur

I read somewhere that the holes on the edge/axis are actualy somewhere in between a standard savage long action and short action, and that they are the same for both long and short edge/axis types....