Thread: Accutrigger keeps locking up...

AK4900PA

Accutrigger keeps locking up...

I have a 112 BVSS that is still new and unfired. I attempted to dry fire the rifle the other day and the safety blade in the trigger was locked up. I tried racking the bolt over and over again, soft and hard, and it keeps tripping the safety blade. I thought maybe the trigger was set too light, so I took the barreled action out of the stock to increase the trigger weight a bit. When I took the action out it set the trigger perfectly each time I racked the bolt so I left the trigger weight alone. As soon as I put the action back into the stock I was back to the same problem.

The only thing I can figure is that I need to inlet the stock a bit more to allow the trigger assembly to function properly. Everything worked just fine when I bought the rifle a few months ago. I can't figure out what changed.

Basic Member

Re: Accutrigger keeps locking up...

I have had to do some extra inletting on 2 aftermarket stocks to get them working correctly. You would hope it wouldn't be a problem on a factory rifle, but stranger things have happened!

Basic Member

Wood stock? Humidity will do that. Rework the triger area when its humid and you will be ok

Basic Member

The trigger is set a little too light from the factory. Take your adjustment tool and tighten the trigger up just a half turn or so at a time until it works properly.

Team Savage

The trigger assembly is contacting the stock just above the rear trigger guard screw when you put the action in the stock and tighten it down. Inlet the stock a little deeper just above the rear trigger guard screw. If you tighten the rear trigger guard screw too much it can raise the wood/composite material in that area It took me a little while to figure it out the first time it happened to me.