Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: casting with wheel weights

Eric in NC

Re: casting with wheel weights

Just saying that "pure" lead is no less toxic than lead contaminated (or mixed with) antimony, aresenic, etc. Just like "pure" PCBs are no less toxic than PCBs contaminated with dioxin or whatever. All of it will kill you dead as a hammer if you don't use proper equipment and techniques when dealing with it.

I like Tung oil better than BLO anyway!

Samdweezel05

Wile I am casting I will probably have a beer in my hand, a cigarette in my mouth and after I am done I will probably use the turkey fryer to make some deep fried bacon and french fries.

Eric in NC

Quote Originally Posted by Samdweezel05
    Wile I am casting I will probably have a beer in my hand, a cigarette in my mouth and after I am done I will probably use the turkey fryer to make some deep fried bacon and french fries.
    Be sure to have neighborhood kids over to help and let them keep any reject bullets!!!

stevec

Need any help? I'll bring beer.

Steve

Samdweezel05

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in NC
    Be sure to have neighborhood kids over to help and let them keep any reject bullets!!!

The neighborhood kids are the ones that do the casting. I don't go near that stuff,I hear it's bad for you.

elkcrazy

I'm 63 and grew up in a family plumbing Bus. started fooling around with the lead pot when I was 8 most likely leaded several thousand joints and burn out the same casted a ton of bullets and use to carry lead pellets in my mouth when bird hunting sparrows as a kid my blood level for lead is normal as of 2/2011.

So at this point i'm not really concerned about it.

Back to the question at hand I use straight clip on WW which have a BHN of 12 if I want them harder I water quench them which takes them to BHN 18.

I literally have at least a ton of scrap lead and 5lb-25lb bricks of pure lead and at least 100 lb of 50/50 solder and that does not count what is already casted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12